Xiaomi is one of the most popular smartphone brands in the world right now, However, if there’s one longstanding issue we’ve had with its phones, it’s that the software may be very annoying to use because of the pre-installed bloatware and ads within the native apps.
Today, we’ll be taking a quick tour on how you can go about disabling ads in MIUI 12.5 as well as MIUI 12. Other than a few minor changes, the procedure remains similar to previous versions of MIUI. It’s an issue we’re sure many of you have had or still have to this day and this continues to be a problem even in the company’s current MIUI 11 Android ROM.
Xiaomi does not provide the one-click facility to disable Ads in MIUI so here we share more than one method to disable Ads.
Disabling the MSA process: Follow the steps below and remove most of the annoying Ads
Open the Settings app.
Navigate to Passwords & security > Authorisation & revocation.
You’ll see ‘MSA’ listed here, with a little green Android logo. Toggle this setting off.
While you’re here, do the same for GetApps too, which should be the last one in the list .
You’ll get a 10-second warning message, asking you if you’re sure you want to do it.
After the countdown, press Revoke. In case it doesn’t let you toggle it off in the first go, (which shouldn’t be the case), try it again till it’s off.
Even if you reboot your phone, MSA should still be disabled.
To disable ads from Mi Video:
- Open the Mi Video app.
- Tap the Profile tab at the bottom right corner and tap Settings.
- Disable Online recommendations, Push notifications and Personalised recommendations.
To disable ads from Mi Security:
- Open the Security app.
- Tap the cog icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- In the Feature Settings section, tap Cleaner and disable Receive recommendations down the list.
- You can also disable the Remind to clean option.
- Go back a step and in the main Settings menu of the app, scroll down and disable Receive recommendations.
- For more privacy, you could go to Data Usage option and disable Report data usage info toggle.
To disable ads from Themes:
- Open the Themes app.
- Tap the My page tab, in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Settings and disable Recommendations.
To disable ads from File Manager:
- Open the File Manager app.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top, left corner.
- Tap Settings > About.
- Here, disable Recommendations.
To disable ads from Downloads:
- Open the Downloads app (in the Tools folder).
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the app.
- Disable Show recommended content.
To disable ads from Mi Music:
- Open the Music app.
- Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top, left corner.
- Tap Settings > Advanced settings and scroll all the way down and disable Receive recommendations. You could disable the other settings below it too.
To disable ads from Mi Browser:
- Open the Browser app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper, right corner and tap the settings icon (shaped like a cog).
- Disable Content feed (if you don’t want weird content randomly popping up).
- Go to Advanced and make sure the Show ads toggle is disabled.
- Go back a step to the main Settings page of the app and then tap on Privacy & security.
- Here, make sure Personalised services are disabled.
Once you have followed the steps given above you will no longer see advertisements across, the system UI.